As part of UIC Summer College, ACE offers College Reading for Success (CRS) to help incoming freshman students strengthen their reading skills in order to maximize their UIC academic performance. The course employs readings on American Identities that explore the roles of historical events, immigration, race and ethnicity, and language in the ongoing development of American culture. By participating in CRS, students develop their skills in:
- Critical thinking as it applies to reading of college-level tests
- Interpreting both persuasive and informational tests
- Identifying thesis and purpose statements and evaluating supporting information
- Recognizing the use of logical, emotional, and ethical appeals
- Developing a mature vocabulary in order to fully understand college-level tests
- Engaging in academic discourse through classroom discussions
In Summer 2018, two sections of CRS will be offered from June 25 through July 30, as follow:
- Monday and Wednesday from 10:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
- Monday and Wednesday from 2:00 to 3:30 p.m.
To enroll in CRS, Please visit the Summer College website at Link